Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So Behind in my Updates..... I have New Scarves to share and New Locations




Hello All,


I know I am so behind the times but wanted you to know that I am still alive and well. I have been working so hard to get my scarves out so that all can see them.


Of course you can go to my website http://www.megsmither.com/ to see them but also:




Thought you might like to see my Studio and of course there I am standing and the snow and OMG -- have I mentioned that I don't care for snow. Pretty when it's coming down and than I am done. :o)


Here I am working away on a scarf:


You know the saying "watch what you pray for"...cause God will answer your prayers and OH MY. I have wanted my work to come along and my Textiles have really taken hold. God is so Good. Look in the Textiles section of my website http://www.megsmither.com/ and you will see my Silk Scarves and also my Batiks. What an adventure I am starting.


You can also find me at http://www.megsmither.etsy.com/.


You can find my scarves in two locations in Raleigh and Cary, NC


Southern Charm, Cary, NC

(Cary Town Center) inside the mall next to Belk's and the Footlocker.


The Collectors Gallery, Raleigh, NC

The Pavillion at City Plaza

443 Fayetteville Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

919-828-6500

http://www.thecollectorsgallery.com/ (online store opens March 1, 2010)


About Me


I have painted off and on all my adult life. I did hang up my brushes for a few years after college, but I picked them back up several years ago, actually lots of years ago now, and started painting again. The Mediums I use most now are dyes with my textiles -- but I still do paint with Oils and Acrylics on occasion. I love to try new things, so I am always experimenting. When someone asks me what my STYLE is I shrug my shoulders and just say COLOR (or professionally call a FAUVIST).


It seems that I have come a long way in the past few years, but one thing I know for sure -- Art is my Passion -- and how many people get to say that they can get up in the morning and love to go to work. I can and I thank God and my family for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment