Thursday, September 23, 2010

Walk 268 Air Conditioning Blues..

So it seems that my posts these days are my Daily Walk readings.  Maybe cause I don't seem to have anything useful to say or maybe this is what I am suppose to say.  I mean my day consisted of hanging out at home and being here for the HVAC guy - who was only suppose to be doing a routine maintance call - to tell me that my Air conditioner is broken AGAIN.  Now mind you my house is only 3 years old.  Did I mention the house is only 3 years old!!  We built it and it should not be breaking so soon.  Last year around this time the SAME thing was wrong with the air conditioner.  I really think that they should be putting a new one in cause we obviously have a LEMON. 

But I digress.  Is that how you spell that.  Anywho..



My reading was from "the Daily Walk Bible (NIV)"

Zechariah 3 - 4 

It's about Zechariah's night visions.

Overview:  In his eight part series that might be titled "visions to revitalize a Nation", Zechariah uses an assortment of symbols and signs to portray the future of his people. Certain themes emerge repeatedly; the need for cleansing, the certainty of judgment, the sovereignty of God over sinful men and women. Like a candlestick in a darkened room, Israel will bear light to a darkened world. "not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty" (4:6)


My Daily Walk: Becoming a Christian has been likened to taking a step into the unknown... and landing on a Rock.  There are many things about the Bible you may not fully understand.  You may have many questions about points of theology.  But the all important issue you must face is simply this:  is Jesus Christ who he claimed to be? Either you will accept his claim as Messiah (as amply supported by the many specific prophecies in Zechariah), or you will reject it.  But you cannot straddle the fence.  What will you do with Jesus today?


The person who insists upon seeing with perfect clarity before he or she decides - never decides.

No comments:

Post a Comment