Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On our Way

Lee, smiling for the Camera...

Well, we leave tomorrow to start our forever flight to Taiwan. I am not looking forward to the flight --- I don't like planes to begin with... :o(, but it is a means to the end which is getting to Taiwan. I haven't heard from Anna recently so not sure what's up with them. I do know that they are leaving today to travel (about 3 hours) into the city of Taipei from their training camp which is where they have been.

The men play their first game on Sept 4 at 9:30 am (Sept 3 at 9:30pm EST USA time), and the women play their first game Sept 5 at 9:30 am (Sept 4 at 9:30 pm EST USA time). You can go to www.deaflympic.tv to watch the games or you can go to www.usdeaflympics.org and they may have a link as well.

Please keep us in your prayers as we fly across the ocean and when I get there I will start taking pictures and post them. For now here is Lee smiling for the camera and me sending kisses your way. :0)

Take care to all - and remember - GO FOR GOLD USA.

1 comment:

  1. Hey SMithers....hope you are safe and sound in Taiwan...and enjoying whatever the team is working on today! It is a beautiful day here in Raw-lee.... Be well and enjoy this special time!
    Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete